For many of us, the purchase of real estate is the single greatest financial investment we will ever make. During the closing process, our firm will do the following to ensure you can feel safe with your purchase and that your transaction progresses as smoothly as possible:
- Review or prepare your purchase contract.
- Determine through a title search whether title to the real estate is marketable and/or insurable by a title company.
- Obtain necessary title insurance coverage from a reputable title company.
- Arrange for a survey to be performed on your real estate (if desired or required).
- Advocate for you by negotiating contract terms and resolving disputes.
- Acquire loan documents and requirements from your lender and coordinate the closing process with the lender.
- Ensure that all contract and lender requirements are fulfilled.
- Meet with you to review and sign all real estate closing documents (the “Closing”).
- Record all required documents in the appropriate Clerk’s Office.
- Disburse all payments and fees required to complete your real estate closing.
- Respond to your questions throughout the real estate closing process.
Once you have selected our firm to handle your closing, please provide us with a signed copy of your purchase contract (this will be provided by Chuck Jenkins). Also, notify your mortgage company that our firm will be handling your real estate closing so that your lender can provide the necessary information about your loan.
Throughout the process, we will contact you to request additional information such as which company you have selected to provide homeowners’ insurance and whether you would like a survey performed on the property. As the closing date nears, we will assemble the final settlement figures and let you know total funds needed for closing (our goal is to provide this information to you 24–48 hours prior to closing). On the date of your real estate closing, we can perform your settlement at whichever of our offices is most convenient for you.
Shaheen Law Firm, P.C.
8890 Three Chopt Road
Richmond, VA 23229